What can I expect to charge and on what basis?
Well many IT freelancers charge on either an hourly or daily basis and these charges vary considerably depending on the specific IT skill. Some IT contractors can charge more based on their experience in the industry and the type of skill they possess but here is an overview on the IT skill and the average hourly and daily rates.
But please bear in mind this is only an estimate and prices really do depend on the type of work being fulfilled, the amount of time it will require, and your level of expertise. When quoting for work, take into account your expenses and the margin for profits.
(Figures from ITJobsWatch: correct in Feb 2015)
As friendly, expert accountants we can manage all your finances and tax affairs for you to ensure all your books are in order. We can liaise with HM Revenue & Customs, file your tax return and set up your Limited Company for you so you can sit back and concentrate on becoming a successful freelancer.
It can be extremely time consuming and strenuous handling all of the paperwork but with our help you can focus on your business and let us do all the hard work for you. We offer a premium IT contractor service for just £95 + VAT a month but this will seem unsubstantial when the contracts start pouring in. The demand for freelancers in the IT sector is high and as the business grows, let us keeps all your taxes in order.
Whatever rate you decide to charge your client, ensure you keep your finances organised and get in touch with us today for expert accountancy services.
If you have any questions about contracting or would like any further advice on becoming an IT Contractor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01253 362062.
Why Choose Nixon Williams?
Nixon Williams provides fixed fee accountancy packages for contractors, freelancers, locums and consultants. Our friendly, low-cost service takes the stress out of accounting, taxation and any other financial issues that contractors may experience. For just £95 per month plus VAT our service includes:
- Your own dedicated accountant including their direct telephone number and email address
- Unlimited telephone and email support
- Ongoing bookkeeping or access to our online accounting portal, Vantage
- Handling general correspondence and queries with HM Revenue and Customs
- Free company formation at Companies House
- Assistance with opening a business bank account
- Ongoing tax advice throughout the year
- Completion of any personal taxation requirements
- Calculation and advice on VAT returns and payments
- Calculation and advice on PAYE payments
- 98% of our accounting staff have either completed or are studying towards one of the following qualifications: ACMA, ACCA, CTA, ATT or AAT.
If you have any questions about contracting, becoming a contractor, starting a limited company or Nixon Williams, please contact our new business team on telephone number: 01253 362062 or email: email@example.com.
To appoint Nixon Williams as your accountants, please complete our simple client agreement form.
You may also find the following pages useful: