Contractor Survey - 2016
After the success of our first contractor survey, our latest survey combines the results of over 1,000 of our contractor clients, across a range of sectors for 2016. Our latest report compares the results to those of the previous year, to see how the market has changed within the last year.
Here are some of the key findings in the report:
- 91% of contractors would recommend contracting to a friend.
- Over 3/4 of contractors have a positive outlook towards the contractor market.
- 84% of respondents reported that everything is 'business as usual' in respect to the measures their organisation has taken after Brexit.
- Nearly 3/4 of respondents reported seeing either an increase or no change in their daily rate over the past year.
- 64% of clients stated flexibility as one of the key benefits of contracting, up 2% from the previous survey. While nearly half of respondents said they enjoyed a better work/life balance as a contractor.
- Female contractors are on the rise, seeing a 2% increase from last year’s 15% of respondents.
To view the survey in full, please click the following link: Contractor Survey 2016
There are many other benefits to a contracting life such as freedom of work and a better work / life balance, all of which you can read about on our Starting up as a Contractor page.